> From: jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Carlyle Group  (what do they own?  What would benefit them?  Who owns
> them?)

John, I think perhaps you might want to try a little decaf.  There's
certainly no doubt that the military industrial complex makes money off of
war, and that high-ranking politicians FROM BOTH PARTIES are influenced,
probably to the country's detriment, by members of this group.  This is and
always has been the greatest thorn in the side of capitalist deomcracy - too
much money tends to get concentrated in the hands of the very rich, and
money is like a narcotic - there's never enough.  Love of money (and power)
is definitely a potentially harmful thing.

However, the suggestion that there is a gigantic conspiracy of people in
high places willing to ignore or worse to tacitly condone the attacks of
9/11 for pure monetary motivation is a little tough to swallow.  You mention
the Carlyle Group.  Did you happen to know who the chairman of that company
is?

Lou Gerstner.

So, you're telling me that Lou G. is personally involved in heading a
company that is involved in a massive disinformation campaign against the
American people in order to further his own financial motives.

Well, damn.

That finally explains AS/400 marketing.

Joe