That's right Joe,  It's a draft.  The "Unpublished"  version was sneaked
out.
I would very well imagine the white house would have no comment.

Go ask a librarian if you know any and see if people with dark sunglasses
have been there asking to see records of what books people have read and
what
internet sites have been visited.   They won't tell you , They can't tell
the police,
they can't even talk to their congressmen about it.  That's how it is RIGHT
now.

I know a couple of librarians personally,  I can verify it.  There was a
story also on NPR about it.

I would imagine if you looked thru the patriot act with the same glasses as
Ashcroft You would not see any thing wrong(as you so stated.).

I can hear the words out of your mouth now.

"If you haven't done any thing wrong,  why would you worry?"
They are not coming for US their coming for the "Terrorist's"

Let me rephrase that using 50year old terminology,
"Their not coming for US, we're Catholics"

If Henry Hyde and Armey are nervous,  I'm nervous.

Believe what you want Joe as long as you want to believe it.

>> ("Center for Public Integrity"  that highly reknowned bastion of
journalistic ethics)

I gotta laugh,  I know Joe they don't have the Journalistic Integrity of
Fox do they>
(Stop, I'm gonna wet my pants)

John

First, there IS no PATRIOT Act II.  The "Center for Public Integrity"  says
there is a draft.  I
dug around and found it.  There's a PDF that MIGHT be from the White House
and MIGHT be being circulated, although there's no proof of even that much;
the White House still says no comment.

However, reading the draft, I sense that it may indeed be intended as an
update of the original PATRIOT Act.  Why?  Because it's - well, it's a
well-thought out and carefully written set of enhancements to the original.
I saw no star chambers, no ending of civil liberties, no internment camps,
nothing like that.  What I saw was some level-headed people figuring out
how
to plug some loopholes in legislation that was a little rushed in the
initial version.

Here's an example of reality