> From: John Taylor
>
> It's good to see that at least one American is paying attention to what is
> going on in your country.
>
> To an outsider looking in, it appears as though your current government is
> doing more damage to your way of life than any terrorist ever has. That
> they're able to do this with virtually no opposition is simply
> astonishing.

You guys are scaring me.  What exactly are you reading that is giving you
this information?  Do you get special messages while you're reading the
words, or have I just suddenly become unable to actually comprehend English
grammar?

Somebody please give me one CONCRETE example (with the appropriate
legislative wording, the citation, and the date it was written into law) of
the damage my government is doing to my country.

The only place I could find anything remotely distrubing in my perusal of
the PATRIOT act was in the extended wire tapping capabilities.  And while I
don't LIKE wire taps, I also don't mind them.  I personally have more
problem with mandatory seat belt laws than with wire taps.  Why?  Because I
ain't got nothin' to hide, yet I'm too fat to fit comfortably with a seat
belt.

I am willing to admit that, in this day and age, there might come a
requirement for a little more government snooping.  They may need to keep a
slightly better tab on all of us, and a red flag might go up if I fit a
certain profile - I already put up with that at the airport (Don't believe
me? Try flying somewhere using one-way tickets rather than round-trip.)  But
if that means catching someone who was planning another September 11th, then
I think I may be okay with that.

It's a new world, folks.  Bad guys want to kill us.  They have big bombs.
We may have to change some of our thinking.

Joe