From: Neil Palmer [mailto:neilp@dpslink.com]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 11:28 PM
To: midrange-nontech@midrange.com
Subject: New iSeries model ?

US to create 'computer brain'
The gap between man and machine narrows today with the announcement that
scientists have begun work on the first supercomputer with a processing
power equivalent to the human brain. Spencer Abraham, the American
secretary of state for energy, will announce a contract with IBM to
build two supercomputers one and a half times more powerful than the
combined might of the 25 largest existing supercomputers. The machines,
made up of 197 refrigerator-sized boxes each weighing one ton, can
crunch half a quadrillion - 500,000,000,000,000 - calculations every
second, estimated to be the same magnitude of 'thinking capacity' as the
human brain.

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are
not the intended recipient, (i) please do not read or disclose to others, (ii)
please notify the sender by reply mail, and (iii) please delete this
communication from your system.  Failure to follow this process may be
unlawful.  Thank you for your cooperation.