Can you use Comcast to access other web sites?
In other words Comcast works for other web sites but not this one.

Here are some interesting sites I have recently visited if you need some odd
ball endings to the addresses ... just something to verify that Comcast is
not failing on all URLs
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TYR ... check out my message "Interesting News"
for some foreign links (Britain & Japan)
http://www.mcil.co.uk/style-guidelines.htm ... guidelines I need to start
using

Pakistan side http://www.dawn.com/
www.indiaheadlines.com
Interesting that these two foreign sites are dot com
but lots of foreign sites are that way
http://www.arabnews.com

Here's one in Australia http://www.smh.com.au/
Here's Canada http://www.cbc.ca/
Latin America http://lanic.utexas.edu/la/region/news/

http://www.acpl.lib.in.us/
Allen County (Indiana) Public Library.

If they are trying to limit access by geography, IP addresses can be used for
that purpose, but they need to be kept updated all the time, which could be
beyond their resources.  Dial up may be able to identify caller area code,
depending on phone system you calling from ... not all parts of country have
caller id as yet, and not all phone systems equipped to communicate it.

I also use 2 different methods of access from my home PC because both are a
bit flaky.
AOL dial up modem is very flaky (problem is with the phone line) &
SIGECOM "high speed" internet cable modem through AOL browser is a little
flaky
Usually when one is not working the other is working.
AOL browser is modified Microsoft Exploder
I also have Netscrape which I can only use through SIGECOM

I live in the state of Indiana (Vandenburg County) area code 812

I tried to access via SIGECOM & got to the main page & was immediately hit by
AOL illegal operation which disconnected me ... I will try that again since
the current session has been to a ton of web sites & I may have exceeded AOL
work space on my PC

WAOL caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61.
Registers:
EAX=c00309c4 CS=017f EIP=bff9db61 EFLGS=00010216
EBX=04f5ffdc SS=0187 ESP=04e5ff44 EBP=04e601e0
ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=00000000 FS=4287
EDX=bff76855 ES=0187 EDI=bff79050 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
53 8b 15 e4 9c fc bf 56 89 4d e4 57 89 4d dc 89
Stack dump:

I got to the library Ok on my second try & visited a few of their pages.
This was via AOL browser (modified Exploder) using "high speed" SIGECOM not
dial up.