Perhaps someone from the AS/400 community might want to put together an
article for this on the security advantages of a platform most of the readers
of this Journal might otherwise not be aware of.

Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 20:12:20 +0000
To: macwheel99@aol.com
From: "Patrick O'Beirne" <pobeirne@sysmod.com>
Subject: Fwd: CFP - Journal of Information Warfare on Cyber Terrorism
Cc: "Spinks, David C" <david.spinks@eds.com>

Sender: ISWORLD Information Systems World Network
               <ISWORLD@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE>
From: Matt Warren <mwarren@DEAKIN.EDU.AU>

Call for Papers Special Edition Cyber Terrorism Journal of Information Warfare

The development of the Information Society has resulted in many positive
contributions to society, but a darker side of the Information Society has
been emerging. The appearance of hackers, computer viruses and the
development of Cyber Terrorism as a new threat, could in theory harm the
very fabric of the Information Society. This special issue of the Journal
of Information Warfare will look at the impact of these darker issues and
whether they will hinder or aid the development of the Information society.
In developing an improved understanding of Cyber Terrorism and its impact
on society, papers are sought for a special issue of Journal of Information
Warfare. Such articles might include insights into the aims and roles of
Cyber Terrorist groups, the relevance of Cyber Terrorism, ways in which
society and organisations can develop strategies to deal with the risks
involved and, case studies focusing on the issues of Cyber Terrorism.
Contributed papers may deal with but, are not limited to:

· Cyber Terrorism;
· Cyber Terrorism  fact or fiction?;
· Hackers in the 21st Century;
· Hactivism;
· Cyber Terrorists and National Infrastructure Protection;
· Security Policies and strategies for dealing with Cyber Terrorists;
· Security Modeling;
· Information Warfare and Cyber Terrorists;
· Cyber Terrorist Ethics.

Research surveys and application papers in the above areas are also
welcome. Manuscripts should not exceed 5000 words and figures and
illustrations should be kept to a minimum. All contributions are subjected
to a double-blind review process. There should be a separate title page
giving the names and addresses of the authors and any other references that
reveal the identity of the authors should be removed. A copy of manuscript,
following the standard guidelines for the journal of Information Warfare,
http://www.jinfowar.com/autt.nsf/pages/infowarfare should be emailed to the
guest editor by the 31st May, 2002. The editor for the special issue is:

Dr Matthew Warren
School of Computing and Mathematics,
Deakin University Geelong,
Victoria 3217 Australia
E-mail: mwarren@deakin.edu.au

Dr Matt Warren
Senior Lecturer - Information Systems       Tel:  +61-3-5227 2536
School of Computing and Mathematics      Fax:  +61-3-5227 2028
Deakin University Geelong                        E-mail: mwarren@deakin.edu.au
Victoria 3217 Australia

Director of the Australasian Institute of Computer Ethics

http://www.aice.net

Chair of IFIP TC11 Working Group 11.1 - Security Management

http://www.ifip.tu-graz.ac.at/TC11/WGS.htm

Joint Chief Editor - Journal of Information Warfare

http://www.mindsystems.com.au/autt.nsf/pages/infowarfare

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission, including
attachments, may be privileged and confidential. Any unauthorised use
of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please destroy all versions and advise the
sender by return email or telephone immediately.