> Subject: Document (PDF files or Spool files) Distribution via Web?
>
> Does anyone do this? What software do you use?
>
> We are looking for a good and solid web based application for distributing
> reports.
>
> Mike

We have three solutions. We have a full archiving solution,
LaserVault, that includes report selection programs on the
AS/400, download thr LPD and FTP, AFP support, green screen,
windows client, and web browser access.

We have a report bursting and emailing system, Content Express,
that takes a report (such as a set of invoices, or regional
sales reports) bursts it into individual files, then prints,
emails, and puts them on the web. Each recipient gets a web
account with logon name and password, so they can set their own
delivery options. Emails can be text, html, or PDF.

the simplest thing we have is PDFMAILER. This is a LPD daemon
that runs on a PC. Everything you print to it (through LPR) gets
converted to PDF and emailed. It doesn't split the report - the
entire report goes. You set the From/To/Subject through LPR
parameters ont he AS/400. It doesn't have any software on the
AS/400, although you can write a CL to make the LPR command
easier. (and of course you can embed it into your programs.) It
supports AFP, so you can print things with forms overlays.

We should have a demo printserver up on the web in a couple of
days at pdfmailer.elstore.com. Anybody who wants to try it can
email me and I'll send you a unique printq name (on the PC side)
that you can print to.

We plan to sell this software to AS/400 sites. Go buy a Dell or
HP (or IBM) PC with Win 98/ME/XP  on it, connect up to your
AS/400 thru TCP/IP and you are ready to go.

We are also thinking of offering this as a service over the web.
Nothing to buy, pay as you go. Start printing to PDF and email
ten minutes from now. Cheaper than postage, toner, paper, FedEx,
etc.

I don't know if it is proper to mention costs here, so I won't.

--
Brad Jensen brad@elstore.com
President

LaserVault Report Retrieval & Data Mining
www.Laservault.com

www.eufrates.com - Add distance learning to
your site with easy course preparation