Le 18/07/2016 à 20:52, Rob Berendt a écrit :
Let's say the hosting IBM i lpar, and all the guests that it updates are
all on the same physical server.
How would I create a virtual ethernet connection among that group?

I use my HMC.

I suggest to:

* using DLPAR or with a profile change, add a virtual ethernet adapter
to the hosting and all guests LPARs
* make sure to assign them the same VLAN id ; you can use a distinct
virtual ethernet switch dedicated to that usage, but it is not
mandatory ; only the same VLAN id is mandatory ; I would use a VLAN
id not used anywhere in your network, just for documentation
purposes as this VLAN id will not be bridged out of the server
through a VIOS or another LPAR
* on the hosting LPAR, create an ethernet line at the Operating System
and assign it any IP address, as you would do for any other purpose
; however, make sure to avoid any disturbance with your networks as
the IP will be in use by the Operating System level
* on every guest LPAR, use the new virtual ethernet adapter at SST
level to configure and activate an IP address within the same subnet
as the host IP

To validate the settings, you can ping from the hosting to all guests LPAR IP addresses. As long as the adapters are all in the same VLAN id and the IP addresses all in the subnet, this should work.
Once it works at IP level, *SRVLAN will drive the image catalog to use the IP address that you put in SST.
I have had issues with SST in 6.1 which was not able to discover the added adapter after the dynamic LPAR, but I am quite sure that 6.1 is no longer on your LPARs for a looooong time now :-)

Rob Berendt

Marc
that's strange, I do not see my own mails in the list :-(