From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2016 7:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QQRYTIMLMT vs QAQQINI

I'll take a shot at this - there isn't anywhere that describes these things
in those terms - we have to deduce this from other documentation.

The system value is global in scope - it's activated at IPL as set.

There can be local overrides of the system value - both use CHGQRYA either
to set a local QRYTIMLMT parameter or specify a library where a custom
QAQQINI resides.

So as you mention in your other post, you need to run CHGQRYA - you might
want to create a program around it, that has *OWNER in order to adopt that
authority from a more powerful user.

The scope when using CHGQRYA for either method is the job

I hope that's close enough and helps a bit.

Vern