The scope when using CHGQRYA for either method is the job

I hope that's close enough and helps a bit.

Vern

On 7/7/2016 7:36 AM, Justin Taylor wrote:
Where can I find info contrasting "how they are scoped and\or activated"?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: CRPence [mailto:crpbottle@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 7:09 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: QQRYTIMLMT vs QAQQINI

On 06-Jul-2016 16:48 -0500, Justin Taylor wrote:
We've had a number of run-away queries, and I'd like to set some
limits. It looks to me like both QQRYTIMLMT
(http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzakz/rzakzqq
rytimlmt.htm)
and QAQQINI
(https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_71/rzajq/qryopt
.htm) would work. I'm just curious if anyone knows of any practical
difference between the two options.
The system-wide default is determined by the system-value QQRYTIMLMT unless a request to Change Query Attributes (CHGQRYA) has specified a Query Processing Time Limit (QRYTIMLMT) other than the value of *SYSVAL [which requests, the default, to redirect to the system-value], or the QAQQINI options file has established a value for QUERY_TIME_LIMIT per specification of a Query Options File Library (QRYOPTLIB) in which a valid QAQQINI file resides with that QQPARM with a QQVAL other than '*SYSVAL', or the latter having been effected instead with the
QSYS2.override_qaqqini() SQL Stored Procedure for the "QAQQINI file override support". They are all the /same/ for effect, that either *NOMAX establishes no time limit or a number of elapsed seconds can be specified for which any estimate over that time-limit specification will yield an inquiry msg CPA4259 "Query exceeds specified time limit or storage limit (C I)"; the settings differ only in how they are scoped and\or activated.

--
Regards, Chuck