Jim,

Why would Java PTFs not all have the same apply instructions?

PTF/FIX #: SI59372 - - Java SE 6 64 bit

ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS :
-------------------------
None.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS :
----------------------

None.

DEFAULT INSTRUCTIONS :
----------------------
THIS PTF CAN BE APPLIED IMMEDIATE OR DELAYED.

PTF/FIX #: SI59314 - Java SE 8 64 bit

ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS :
-------------------------

None.

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS :

No special actions are necessary if this PTF is applied or removed
during the next unattended IPL (delay mode).

All Java 80 64bit jobs need to be stopped before this PTF can be
applied or removed immediately. Use the WRKJVMJOB to check all the jobs
currently running Java 80 64 bit.

DEFAULT INSTRUCTIONS :
THIS PTF CAN BE APPLIED IMMEDIATE OR DELAYED.

Paul