Chuck, I have turned on auditing and didn't get any results. Also, I've
tried "localhost", "LOCALHOST", "127.0.0.1", and "192.168.xx.xx" (where xx
is the local IP).

Here's what I did...

CHGSECAUD QAUDCTL(*ALL) QAUDLVL(*AUTFAIL)
... ran MOUNT command ...
DSPAUDJRNE ENTTYP(AF) JRNRCV(*CURRENT)

QUERY NAME . . . . . QSECAF

LIBRARY NAME . . . . QSYS

FILE LIBRARY MEMBER FORMAT

QASYAFJ4 QTEMP QASYAFJ4 QASYAFJ4

DATE . . . . . . . . 09/16/15

TIME . . . . . . . . 17:32:05
09/16/15 17:32:05

Violation User Object Library Object Office DLO
Folder
type profile name name type user name
path

Timestamp

No records in query report.

* * * E N D O F R E P O R T * * *

See also the EXPORTFS command.

Rob, could you verify I am doing this correctly?

QSH CMD('mkdir /dir1')

EXPORTFS OPTIONS('-I -O') DIR('/dir1') <--- after I run this command I see
no new entries in /etc/EXPORTS http://bit.ly/1LydTKs Was it supposed to
add entries or are those to be entered manually and EXPORTFS is used to
"enact" them?

STRNFSSVR SERVER(*ALL) <--- Note: I did ENDNFSSVR *ALL before starting.

QSH CMD('mkdir /dir2')

MOUNT TYPE(*NFS) MFS('localhost:/dir1') MNTOVRDIR('/dir2')
OPTIONS('rw,suid,retry=5,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,timeo=20,retrans=5,acregmin=30,acregmax=60,acdirmin=30,acdirmax=60,soft,async,sec=sys,vers=3:2,nocache')

​Still getting the "Not authorized..." error.​

Not clear why you want to do this? Why not just use a symlink?

Scott, because symlinks can't span the boundaries of chroot (according to
what I've found with Linux).

Aaron Bartell
litmis.com - Open Source and IBM i. No Limits.