There is an environment variable that controls the CCSID assumption that QShell makes, as I recall. Yes, environment variable QIBM_CCSID might help.

You might consider using JAR in PASE - PASE makes different assumptions about CCSID than QShell does.

I don't know if the environment affects naming of files in QShell - it does affect content.

HTH
Vern