On 25-Feb-2015 07:28 -0600, craigs@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have been using the Qshell jar command with various files until I
tried zipping a file with an accent (acute) over the o or a in the
file name. The result was the zipped file name inside the jar (.zip)
contained a |+ in place of the acute or or a. The file is a CCSID of
1252 and it zips with the correct name through Windows but not
through the Qshell jar command. The zip file has a CCSID of 819 so I
tried to set the CCSID to 1252 but that didn't make a difference. I
tried Googling this and searching the archive to no avail.

I am trying to have this jar command run in a program so I wouldn't
be in an interactive Qshell if I had to run one command after
another. Any ideas how to zip a file name with those "special"
characters?

I doubt the CCSID of the file plays any role; although the *CCSID attribute of the file both identifies the CCSID of the data in the file and the CCSID of the extended attributes, I expect the CCSID of the name for the file would be established from the CCSID of the directory in which the file resides. I have never dealt with NLS-enabled file names for the IFS; talked about for use in APIs in topics that can be searched in the KnowledgeCenter, though I found no topic mentioning both those and the jar utility. Much like records of text data in a file, the directory entries as names are the text records of the directory.? Regardless, the CCSID of the QSHell session [without an override, I believe the default is the job CCSID] should match the data being used to form the name; e.g. the acute-small-a should be the EBCDIC character with the hex code point 0x45 in CCSID(37) irrespective the visible glyph.