On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Birgitta Hauser <Hauser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Even though a view (any view) can be specified within the F-speca and read
with the READ Op-Code, it must be considered a view does not (never?) have
key.

True. I should have mentioned that the SYSCOLUMNS logical file has no
key (i.e. access path is arrival sequence). I was trying to make it
sound approachable for folks who aren't yet comfortable with SQL. But
if you want to use it in an RPG program without touching any SQL, then
probably a familiar way for "traditionalists" is to do something like
OPNQRYF and OVRDBF in a CLP wrapper.

John Y.