MIDRANGE dot COM Mailing List Archive

Embedded SQL question

fixed

Hello all,

Not sure if this really falls in the RPG group or not, but since there
isn't an SQL group I will put it here. I have a program whose concept is
to take 3 incoming parameters (file name, field name, and company number)
and load them into an embedded SQL statement and execute that statement.
Here is my code:

D File_Name S 10A
D Field_Name S 10A
D Company_Name S 2A
D Bogus_Field S 2A
D MySQLText S 300A varying
D Result S 100A varying

* Parameters:
* ~~~~~~~~~~~
*
C *Entry Plist
C Parm File_Name
C Parm Field_Name
C Parm Company_Name

/free

MySQLText = 'Update ' + %Trim(File_Name) +
' Set ' + %Trim(Field_Name) +
' = ' + %Trim(Company_Name);

exec sql
SET OPTION
commit=*none,
datfmt=*iso;

exec sql prepare SQL_Stmt from MySQLText;
exec sql execute SQL_Stmt;

*inlr = *on;

/end-free

Pretty basic. When it executes I get the following error:

Column or global variable MYSQLTEXT not found.
Prepared statement SQL_STMT not found.