That appears to only have DISPLAY_JOURNAL, not the one I was looking at. Display_journal is good if you want to try figure out column positions by hand but that's not really for me. I'd rather see the before and after images in a readable format.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Dietz [mailto:bdietz400@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2014 1:21 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QSYS2.DISPLAY_JOURNAL_ENTRY_INFO questions!/wiki/IBM%20i%20Technology%20Updates/page/DB2%20for%20i%20-%20Services

Matt Olson wrote on 8/29/2014 1:46 PM:

I am unable to find any information on QSYS2.DISPLAY_JOURNAL_ENTRY_INFO.

Anyone know where the magic place is for the documentation on it. I found all the input parameters, but no documentation on option types, but playing around yielded what they mean except for option type 2.

Option type 2 however is what I want to see the most as it appears that will display jornal information in a legible way instead of all the data squished together and/or hieroglyphs if a SQL table.

Here is what I've tried so far:

CALL qsys2.display_journal_entry_info(2,'libraryname','journal_name',

'R' is the type code, and 2 is the magical undocumented number. 83325238 is a journal entry number.

According to wireshark this is what will yield readable data to iSeries navigator in order to make a journal record table formatted (aka readable by humans).