Peter:

You can also type WRKOBJ and press Enter, and it should prompt automatically, due to the absence of any parameters. (Does not work for all commands, but for WRKOBJ, that should work.)

Mark
> On 8/28/2014 3:03 PM, Peter Dow wrote:
Good point Mark. I tried it with IBM's 5250 emulator and it worked fine. I tried TN5250J again, and it works with one user profile, but not with another. The one that works has *SECOFR authority. Which is probably a red herring, because I tried both profiles with IBM's emulator and it worked fine for both.

Not sure if that rules out an exit point, which could theoretically disallow prompting based on user profile and device.

On 8/28/2014 10:47 AM, Mark S Waterbury wrote:
Peter:

I have not seen this behavior. I have TN5250J, but version 0.7.2 ... unless this is a "bug" introduced in version 0.7.3 ...?

Also, I have tried this with numerous other emulators, including IBM's own Client Access 5250 emulator, but see only the expected behavior.

Did you try to reproduce the problem using a different emulator? Try with IBM's Client Access, or the "open source" TN5250 emulator, from:

http://tn5250.sourceforge.net

or some other 5250 emulator.

Also, ensure you do not have some kind of keyboard macro defined that may be changing the behavior of F4 to erase input and then press F4?

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 8/28/2014 11:42 AM, Peter Dow wrote:
When I enter WRKOBJ at a command line and press F4, I'm shown the Major Command Groups menu, as if it did not see the WRKOBJ I entered. However, if I enter WRKOBJ X, it tells me it cannot find X.

I'm using TN5250J version 0.7.3 (my prime suspect) to connect to an IBM i with OS 7.1, PTF group SF99710 level 13037 (low on my list of suspects).

I've tried it with two different profiles, and it really seems hit or miss. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. Prior to today, it has worked flawlessly.

Anyone seen anything like this?

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.