Re: [Bulk] Changhing Default Expiration Date when creating a Printer file (CRTPRTF)

fixed

Gad:

The DAYS parameter on the IBM CHGPRTF command has no default value, as distributed by IBM, so you cannot change it using CHGCMD. It has always worked that way.

You can accomplish this by using one or more of the following methods:

1. attach a "prompt override program" to the command to override the values of "EXPDAT(*DAYS) DAYS(60)"

2. add a validity checking program (VCP) to enforce that DAYS(60) must be specified.

3. use command processing exit points, QIBM_QCA_RTV_COMMAND, and QIBM_QCA_CHG_COMMAND. See:
http://www.securemyi.com/articles/artcmdexit1.htm
http://www.securemyi.com/articles/artcmdexit2.htm

HTH,

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 8/24/2014 5:51 AM, Gad Miron wrote:
Hello Guys

In (hopeless?) effort to control the proliferation of old spool files I'm
creating/changing PRTFs with parameters EXPDATE(*DAYS) DAYS(60).
(with a scheduled DLTEXPSPLF CMD to execute once a week).

However, I'm unable to change the DFTs of the CRTPRTF CMD so that whenever
someone re-create(compiles) a PRTF (using PDM option 14) these parameters
are lost.
the following CHGCMDDFT CMD(CRTPRTF) NEWDFT('EXPDATE(*DAYS) DAYS(60)')
results in error.

It seems as if NEWDFT('EXPDATE(*DAYS)') is acceptable but not
NEWDFT('DAYS(60)') since I get a CPD6260 "No default value exists for
keyword DAYS" error MSG.

Anyone familiar with it?

Thanks
Gad