From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bradley Stone
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2014 10:07 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: *SYSTEM certificate store password

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have a PMR open about something
else (emailing from the IBM i to gmail) and that's where the
certificate stuff came in. I finally got IBM to call me on this and
they walked me through some certificate stuff.

I assume by "emailing form the IBMi to gmail" you mean using Gmail as your mail router/server.

I doubt you'll get gmail working with the IBM SMTP server unless they've hacked together some sort of fix. :)

If you need this resolved quickly, I can help. We've wrote our MAILTOOL Plus software years ago to deal with this issue. It works with Gmail and outlook 365 as well as other cloud mail servers that require SSL/TLS and authentication.

We even have the CAs required for most available for download (
http://downloads.bvstools.com/Home/misc) and instructions on how to install them. (http://docs.bvstools.com/home/ssl-documentation)

Check out http://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html for more info. We even just added ILE interfaces to it so sending emails from programs is super simple.

If anything, I'd be also happy to help you load the CAs required for Gmail.
I've helped hundreds of customers with this.

Brad
www.bvstools.com