On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks everyone for the responses. I have a PMR open about something else
(emailing from the IBM i to gmail) and that's where the certificate stuff
came in. I finally got IBM to call me on this and they walked me through
some certificate stuff.

I assume by "emailing form the IBMi to gmail" you mean using Gmail as your
mail router/server.

I doubt you'll get gmail working with the IBM SMTP server unless they've
hacked together some sort of fix. :)

If you need this resolved quickly, I can help. We've wrote our MAILTOOL
Plus software years ago to deal with this issue. It works with Gmail and
outlook 365 as well as other cloud mail servers that require SSL/TLS and

We even have the CAs required for most available for download (
http://downloads.bvstools.com/Home/misc) and instructions on how to
install them. (http://docs.bvstools.com/home/ssl-documentation)

Check out http://www.bvstools.com/mailtool.html for more info. We even
just added ILE interfaces to it so sending emails from programs is super

If anything, I'd be also happy to help you load the CAs required for Gmail.
I've helped hundreds of customers with this.