My advice is to install both. The last one fixed the problem for me.
On Aug 5, 2014 12:16 PM, "James H. H. Lampert" <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I just got confirmation from the customer: removing SI51172 solved the

We were asked whether there was any reason to expect it to return if the
customer applies the superseding PTFs SI52478 and/or SI53118. I said that
the general consensus "among those who know more about such things than I
do" was that it most likely wouldn't, and that there was no reason to
expect it to return.

Any recommendations on the superseding PTFs? Install one? Install both?
Ignore them?