On 7/21/2014 2:59 PM, Roger Harman wrote:
In the older versions, there was an INI file setting you could use to default the "Convert CCSID 65535" option to be the default.

Does anyone know of a registry setting or something for the current versions?

It wasn't specified, but the current IBM i Access for Windows 'Data
Transfer from IBM i' has the setting in File > Properties > Conversions

Yes, I know 65535 is a poor choice for the system value but that is out of my control.

See if you can get permission to create a view with the proper CCSID on
the character fields.
--buck