Hi, Rob:

I had this same issue a few months back -- a google search for "what is .udf file type" revealed that it is a newer kind of .iso format for DVDs ...

Anyway, I was able to just rename the ".udf" to ".iso" and then burn that to a blank DVD, using the free "ISO Burner" software ... works very well. And, then I was able to do a D-mode IPL from this media with no problem.

Mark S. Waterbury

> On 7/18/2014 5:21 PM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just to clarify, I'm trying to make an I_BASE_01 disc to do a D mode IPL
from. Not just copy into image catalogs, etc.
Ones that I have had burnt from UDF are pretty much worthless.