Re: Question on using SQL2JXL in multiple concurrent jobs

fixed

... starting a JVM on an as400 is very timeconsuming and each JVM needs lots (compared to "native" as400 jobs) of main memory. Starting a JVM for producing one spreadsheet is a very bad design and is punished by your results, in other words: works as designed!!!

If you try to run multiple of these jobs in parallel, they will eat up your memory and performance adjustment (QPFRADJ ) will lower the activity levels and nothing is going on. This approach is even worse, in other words: works as designed!!!

Doing it the right way, you would have one prestarted JVM waiting for work and you would have a native Command sending work to the jvm, getting back the results. My OpenSource AppServer4RPG (its the base layer of my Open Source application ArdGate) could be used as a Framework to implement this. In similar cases it took me one day to write a plug in for such work and the runtime decreased from > 10 seconds to < 1 second (depends on your hardware and the application) normally runtime was 10 to 20 times faster (with less ressource consumption).

D*B