Paul,
We have a similar situation where some files were approaching maximum number of records and when we reorganize those files, we do not send those entries through DataMirror subscriptions. After our last reorganization, one of the application teams had a process using RRN which no longer worked. Sending all the entries though to DataMirror is not acceptable and the downstream application must be redesigned to use the natural distinct keys of the files.
During this last run of deletes, we deleted 6.25B records collectively from 12 physical files.
Jim