This may help. It sends a single file. Environment variables are used.

#!/bin/sh

build_script() {

cat <<End-of-message

#!/usr/local/bin/expect -f

set timeout 20

spawn /QOpenSys/usr/bin/sftp ${USER}@xxx.com

expect {

default {exit 2}

"Connecting to ...\r\n"

}

expect {

default {exit 3}

default {exit 3}

"password:"

}

send "${PASSWORD}\n"

expect {

default {exit 4}

"sftp>"

}

set timeout 7200

send "put ${PUTFILE}\n"

expect {

default {exit 5}

"sftp>"

}

send "quit\n"

send "quit\n"

exit 0

End-of-message

}

build_script | /usr/local/bin/expect -f -

John McKee

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Jim Franz <franz9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i don't have any script yet. Other side not supplying any. This is
unattended.
Basic an edi file send, and later and edi response.
Would appreciate a script if you have it
jim

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:09 AM, John McKee <jmmckee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>