Already being done.

John McKee

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Carel Teijgeler <coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

What about History Logs?

Go CLEANUP and have the system delete them after a given period.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler

On 30-6-2014 21:53, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:

John,

If you need to free some space,

1) Besides deleted records
2) Delete unneeded *JRNRCV ; WRKOBJ OBJ(*ALL/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*JRNRCV)
3) Old unneeded savf ; WRKOBJPDM LIB(QGPL) OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*ALL)
OBJATR(*SAVF)
Also check other libraries besides QGPL
4) If possible, perm apply PTF
5) IFS tmp folder, delete all contents, (recommend restricted state)

Anyone want to add to this list?

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
John McKee
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 3:32 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Deleted records

Chuck,

Thank you for the explanation. I had no intent of attempting to operate
on this particular file. To me, QSYS is not a library to be tinkering with.
I had hoped that there was a method to release the deleted records.
Currently, our backup just barely requires a second 3590 cartridge. I
had hoped, by reducing deleted records, to allow the backup to fit on a
single cartridge. There will not be any significant new development. Boss
wants to make backup unattended. Freeing deleted records seemed like a
possibility. RCLDBXREF with *CHECK reported no problems were found.

John McKee