Yes, all of that is true, you can use VIOS to give a Port to each partition
or simply use NPIV (beware that ALL the hardware must support NPIV, the
HBA, the Switches, etc)

Best Regards,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Kirk Goins <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the smaller Power8s ( S814 ) I want to remember the following

A. Hosting i on i I I need to assign a whole card to guest i partition
B. Using VIOS I can virtualize a port. ie 4 ports could all be assigned to
different partitions
C. Using VIOS I could virtualize a single port to support multiple

Am I remembering correctly?

Sure miss a live person on the phone at partnerline for a quick answer or 2