Yes, all of that is true, you can use VIOS to give a Port to each partition
or simply use NPIV (beware that ALL the hardware must support NPIV, the
HBA, the Switches, etc)

Best Regards,

Roberto

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Kirk Goins <kirkgoins@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the smaller Power8s ( S814 ) I want to remember the following

A. Hosting i on i I I need to assign a whole card to guest i partition
B. Using VIOS I can virtualize a port. ie 4 ports could all be assigned to
different partitions
C. Using VIOS I could virtualize a single port to support multiple
partitions.

Am I remembering correctly?

Sure miss a live person on the phone at partnerline for a quick answer or 2

Thanks
--
Kirk