They don't do a lot better than LPARs. Some better as you're not duplicating the O/S code though.

That's why I mentioned that the disk 'underneath' these iASPs, as it often is with LPARs, is already virtualized. That way you can allocate the proper amount to each iASP, still give it enough 'arms' (virtual of course) without having to allocate entire 139 or 283GB disk units.

That STILL leaves some waste as you need to allow for temp files and data growth in EACH iASP.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

How would IASP's reduce the "islands of disk" issue that I talked about?
Wouldn't they propagate it?