I agree that a fiber LTO4 will be faster. And any conversion to a newer
system will be much easier. We dropped LTO3 to go to LTO4 so we could:
- fit more on one tape
- back up faster
- be ready when we upgrade our Power 6 to anything newer. (>Power 6 kills
LTO3)

However, there is a huge caveat on that 'speed'. It takes a beefy machine
to run a LTO4 at rated speed. We really didn't see nearly the speed
difference we expected between LTO3 and LTO4. I do not get the impression
that his machine is going to come anywhere near driving a LTO4 at rated
speed. Huge difference when we hooked it up to a Power 8.