We use MMAIL extensively where I work. However, I personally do not
use the service program directly to build the e-mail. Instead, I only
use the provided utility commands. For sending a stream file as an
attachment, the appropriate command would be EMLSTMF. If you have a
sufficiently new version of MMAIL, you could also use EMLSTMF2 or
EMLTXTSTMF. Finally, if your PDFs are converted from spool files
anyway, you can let MMAIL handle the conversion and just use EMLSPL or
its related commands. (There are ways to specify a particular
spool-to-PDF converter, if you have a specific one you want to use.)

A list of commands and how to use them are here:

http://mmail.easy400.net/mmailh/othutils.htm

John Y.