I like the new RDX docking station... Just sayin

fixed

This week I installed a new RDX SATA Internal Docking Station (EU07) into
our model 720. The only tool needed was a screwdriver - used to attach
simple plastic fasteners to the exterior of the docking station.

The kit included a cable with a couple connectors which attach to small
adapters on what I might call the motherboard of the system (backplane, or
whatever they call it).

The new device was automatically recognized and configured during the
subsequent IPL. The SATA interface seems to perform very well - some say it
performs better than USB 2.0.

I like how the SAV commands work. I like how they store the data on the
device. I like that one can display the directories and files using tools
like WRKLNK and SmartFTP. I like the capacity of the cartridges (up to 1.5
TB). I like that they are removable via an eject button or the RMVOPTCTG
command.

-Nathan Andelin