On 5/19/2014 2:19 PM, Rob Dixon wrote:
I haven't needed to read a source file for about 24 years and didn't have
any problems reading them with OPM RPG.

Now I need to do it again and am using RPGLE. I can open the file and read
records but the fields are all empty. I must be doing something pretty
dumb. I am on V5R1. Can anyone help please? I have tried with both
externally described and program described files.

Hi Rob,
I didn't see anything obvious in the posted code, but judging from the
sequence numbers, there are a lot of lines we didn't see. My guess is
that the problem lies there. This still works on my 7.1 system:

fqrpglesrc ip f 112 disk infds(infds)
fqsysprt o f 132 printer oflind(*inof)

dINFDS ds
d FILE_NAME 83 92