On 5/15/2014 8:40 AM, Briggs, Trevor (TBriggs2) wrote:
As a coda to Rob's recommendations, you should almost certainly ensure
that those profiles cannot be used to sign on to the system by
specifying (off the top of my head)

Trevor Briggs

Good idea! This will stop people from using a tn5250 interface to sign
on. It won't however stop them from using FTP or ODBC or other non-5250

ps I also vote to change the passwords to anything other than the same
as the user profile.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:32 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Audits and profiles with passwords the same as the profile

Whether a user profile owns objects, is in a group, is the group, etc.
should have no effect on whether or not you change the password.
What will have an effect is if you do stuff like have PC RMTCMD
tied to the old password, RUNRMTCMD for IBM i to IBM i communication,
embedded CONNECT TO ... USING statements using the password in the code,

Lotus Enterprise Integrator (or like techniques), java connections,
WRKRDBDIRE and a plethora of other things.

I say change it. It's too big of a security risk. It's worth the
possible disruption in business that may pop up because of imbedded