Re: Test libraries on Test Partitions !?!?

fixed

On 5/12/2014 3:57 PM, Steinmetz, Paul wrote:
We run an R&D LPAR with 7 different complete copies of Production, each copy serves a unique purpose.
The problem we have is that certain processes cannot be run in the test environment.
Most of the time those processes are identified if they communicate in any way to the outside world.
FTP, SFTP, Credit Card Processing, IVR processing, Email blasts, etc.

I'm pretty sure the OO programmers use Mocks for this sort of thing. So
instead of actually firing off the 'add up a million rows' process, the
mock returns a pre-fabricated result, quick-quick. The general idea is
to isolate the outside world, or long-running processes from the test suite.

The most difficult thing we are currently experiencing is how to identify and/or skip these processes if NOT production.

Library lists are huge, but that requires the interfaces to be separate
objects which can be stuffed in between the caller and the callee.
Decent testing requires some up front thought, that's for sure.

Anyway, there's at least one use for a 'test' library on a test LPAR.
--buck