SQLRPGLE Service Program Activation and GET DIAGNOSTICS

fixed

I will keep my question here brief and link to a more detailed version so the code is readable.

I am implementing SQL error handling based on this page: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=d2c49b79-5a01-46f7-9a11-b9de0f2b0e02#3b47a829-e864-44db-99c4-653a7547add2

GET DIAGNOSTICS is incorrectly returning an SQLSTATE of 00000 when it is first called in a newly activated service program. All subsequent calls return correctly. Executing an otherwise unnecessary SQL statement beforehand eliminates the issue. The service program containing the GET DIAGNOSTICS statement is bound-by-reference to the service program containing the erroring SQL statement and activates *IMMED in group *CALLER.

Please see my full question here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23643045/initialize-activate-sql-prior-to-get-diagnostics

I will be happy to answer my own question on that site with any information sent to this list.

Thanks for reading,
Sarah