I did a "How to Upgrade to IBM I 7.2" yesterday at COMMON, and in the presentation I talked about the versions of JAVA & WebSphere that are going away with 7.2. For Java you are going to have to be pretty current, and then for WebSphere you will need to be on and 8.5 (with PTFs).

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: MIDRANGE-L [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 8:56 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: IBM 7.2 available for download

Ok, I've got 125 files downloaded. Some of the .iso's or .udf's were zipped and some were not.

I understand I need these:

What is the file name for the LIC? I'm used to something with a file name
like: I_BASE_01
The results of dir *base* was only

So many of these files are completely worthless or so unrelated to be a complete waste of time and disk space. pkware for z/os? Really? Ancient versions of WAS that won't run on 7.2?

Garrett, IN 46738
Ship to: Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755