You can see if you can get a copy of some flavor of Power Linux, blessed
by IBM, by trying to download it from ESS, or maybe that would be under
Passport Advantage. That's where we get our Linux from. We use SUSE. We
used to be guested years ago but some issue I've long forgotten demanded
it be native. Since bumping into some nice Power Linux contacts at COMMON
I think, if I ran into this again, I'd have a fellow knight to take on
that dragon.
My boss has decided that we contract out Power Linux to our BP. Which, at
this time, is the one complaint (but a darned serious one!) that I have
with our BP. It shouldn't take months and months to add a few freaking
disk drives. When I've done the basic work with the iprconfig command
(which is the suse linux equivalent of strsst).