I support down to V5R2... and up to V7Rxxx :)

I test on IBM's virtual machines for new OS versions and don't use a lot of
Java in our stuff. Most is CL/RPG that ports nicely.

I am planning on getting new hardware (or moving to "the cloud") and
keeping my 515 running V5R4 for older compiles. I still have customers
asking for V4Rxxxx versions (which I have in the archives but don't
officially support).

You'd be surprised at how many folks out there are still on V5Rxxx. We're
sort of in a bubble on these lists where we get to use the latest and
greatest and get involved in the "community" and we forget that there's a
larger populous out there that just lets their "AS400" run until it dies,
then worries about new hardware.

I was showing my daughter some old magazines that I wrote articles for
(she's into writing now and wanted to see my books/articles). She noticed
"how young" I looked, and I noticed the articles were touting V5R4 as just
coming out. So two things made me feel a little older.. :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com