Re: Distribute IBM i on available disk units Was: 70GB load source and 5 other drives

fixed

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote on Sat, 26 Apr 2014 15:58:16 GMT:

At which point do you run:
STRASPBAL TYPE(*ENDALC)
of the load source?

1: After Task 8: Restore the operating system, beginning
with ? oTask 1: Starting to restore the
operating system? ?

2: In the middle of the task 8 above? If so, at which step?

When?

If i is hosting i, I thing I would elect to attempt to run with
no drives in *ENCALC status until I actually see some sort of a
performance issue where high I/Os to the load source can be
clearly identified as the culprit.

At that time, I would run STRASPBAL *ENDALC for UNIT(1) followed
by a STRASPBAL *MOVDTA.

Other options could be to run a TRCASPBAL followed by a
STRASPBAL *USAGE to rearrange "cold" data. This would be in the
hope the hot load source becomes warm.