On 4/21/14 12:26 PM, Buck Calabro wrote:
OK, so that's not COMPLETELY unresponsive, because you are getting some
I/O. That's a clue, not a nit. Look at the actual machine. Are the
disk drive activity lights very busy? If yes, you may have a runaway
query. If no, you may have a runaway CPU hog in a very tight loop.
Also, check to see if you have an SRC.

If you can afford to wait, see if you can get to a command line and
change your job priority to 2 and then WRKACTJOB, WRKSYSSTS to see
what's going on in there. If you can't afford to wait, force an IPL and
look at QHST to see if there's a clue as to what happened.

I did a front-panel shutdown, and a front-panel restart. As I was typing this, my LAN Console screen opened, and is now showing an unattended IPL in progress, from an abnormal end.

Related ...