From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James H. H. Lampert
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 2:31 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Help! System has become unresponsive!

On 4/21/14 12:26 PM, Buck Calabro wrote:
OK, so that's not COMPLETELY unresponsive, because you are getting
some I/O. That's a clue, not a nit. Look at the actual machine. Are
the disk drive activity lights very busy? If yes, you may have a
runaway query. If no, you may have a runaway CPU hog in a very tight
Also, check to see if you have an SRC.

If you can afford to wait, see if you can get to a command line and
change your job priority to 2 and then WRKACTJOB, WRKSYSSTS to see
what's going on in there. If you can't afford to wait, force an IPL
and look at QHST to see if there's a clue as to what happened.

I did a front-panel shutdown, and a front-panel restart. As I was typing
this, my LAN Console screen opened, and is now showing an unattended IPL in
progress, from an abnormal end.

or change list options,
moment to review the archives at