Re: Migration Question

fixed

Migrations not supported via brms do save 21 restore 21

Bruce Barrett <BBarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All,

I just received a project plan to migrate our Power5 to a PureFlex
system.
My question is to all of the people that do migrations on a regular
basis.
I currently use the BRMS for our full system saves. I recall reading
somewhere that doing an Option 21 full save restore is a better way to
go.
How do you feel about using BRMS or Option 21. I have done 1 migration
using BRMS but the majority I have done been using Option 21.
I am at V6R1 and will migrate that version over to the new hardware. I
have a LOT of cleanup to do before I do the migration.

Bruce