V7R1 and MS Linked Server issues

fixed

We have used a MS linked server for a number of years. After updating development from V6R1 to V7R1, some of the basic functions sometimes don't work - getting message "...[filename] contains no columns that can be selected ...".

This works for a few files, but most do not (have noticed new files since upgrade have worked, but not verified always true).

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Provider: IBM DB2 for i IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider
Product Name: IBMDA400

I'm not the win developer so pardon me if my syntax not 100%.
We did update the IBM i Access client (and latest svc pack) on both developer pc and the Win 2008 R2 server.
Cume 13298
Hiper 105
DB2 28
All files are created by DDS.