From: Charles Wilt [mailto:charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 8:47 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Staple and hole punch

Per this message from Scott..
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200808/msg00450.html

The commands for stapling and hole punch are not standard, but you said you found the Canon codes.

Also per that message, some printer are picky about where they see the code. Thus Scott uses his own custom transform based upon IBM's TSPRWPR instead of using the built in HPT.

You might have better luck without writing your own transform if you define the PRTF as AFPDS and make use of the STRPAGGRP and ENDPAGGRP DDS keywords.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzakd/rzakdmststrpa.htm

Also see here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas8N1019193

HTH,