From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 10:08 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: JDBC connections and library lists

And by reused, I mean the connection is ended by the "app" and the i reuses
the job for a new incoming connection.

The problem occurs when connection pooling on the app or app server comes
into play. When the connection pool reuses an existing connection, from
the IBM i perspective the connection has not been "reused" as it's been
continually open.

I suspect the issue with library lists manifests when multiple applications
are using the same connection pool to an individual host. Bad idea,
instead an application specific connection pool should be used. Besides
the library list, you'd then be able to have application specific users for
the connections.