We did this too. Later we created a jobscde to check that the backup job
was running (in case she forget or if she had the day off).

message: 3
date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 16:18:44 -0500
from: "Paul Nelson" <nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: Unattended backup

I second this. I wrote a version of this called WEEKLY, where the operator
could type that command at the console on Friday afternoon, and the program
would sit and wait until the shift change on Sunday afternoon.

The shop was a warehouse that supplies food to restaurants and
delicatessens, and Sunday afternoon was the only window for downtime. The
work week for the warehouse guys started at 7 PM on Sunday.