Paul, found a couple of links, after reading what you wrote here having to
do registry changes seems odd and running a dos command to remove them was
interesting as well.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/navigator/plugins.html

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzaij%2Frzaijcwbcfg.htm

Here is a dated one for installing BRMS plugin.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzai8%2Frzai8install.htm