RE: IFS File Authority

fixed

May be: Existence

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kurt Braman
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:01 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IFS File Authority

We have a program that creates an xml file on the IFS using CGIDEV2. When USERA runs the program it creates the file on the IFS with USERA as the owner having *RWX authority and *PUBLIC has *RWX authority. When USERB runs the program to create the same file on the IFS, it doesn't replace the existing file but creates a new file with TEMP(jobnumber) appended to the end. When I view the authority on the temp file, USERB is the owner having *RWX authority and *PUBIC has *RWX authority. What authority is missing that doesn't allow USERB to replace the file created by USERA?

Thanks,
Kurt Braman
Programmer/Analyst
Nasco